First Person Assassinations?

a live dinosaur

No Dino, they put it in 3rd person to see what is around you so you can re act to it, plus see the assassination better, i kinda feel the same for people asking for 1st person passenger seats on warthogs and other vehicles, 3rd person allows for more awareness, 3rd person is better. Although i would like to see a 3PS gametype, but i doubt it will happen.

No Dino, they put it in 3rd person to see what is around you so you can re act to it, plus see the assassination better, i kinda feel the same for people asking for 1st person passenger seats on warthogs and other vehicles, 3rd person allows for more awareness, 3rd person is better. Although i would like to see a 3PS gametype, but i doubt it will happen.

3rd person might be better for your survival, but your sacrificing that already when you even bother with the assassination in the first place. 1st person is more immersive and more fun and that is what should count, not the survivability of the person doing the action. Halo was made first person for a reason. The exact same argument you make for assassinations and/or vehicles could be applied to Halo in general, and while it might not necessarily have been disastrous for Halo from the beginning if it had been 3rd person, it would not be the game we know and love.

• Like 2

1st person assassination wouldn't be good to impliment in to Halo at all, 3rd person is way better since I actually see what's happening. Though, it would be a nice addition to people who work with the whole machinima deal, it's video game movie making gold. I'm not a fan for having it in 1st person but I don't see why it couldn't be a matter of choice, just a press of a button to toggle the assassination to either 1st or 3rd person, I think it would be a good idea to impliment both but that's just me.

Alien vs Predator used 1st person assassinations, and it was horrible. You couldn't see what was going on around you, so anytime you did an assassination, you were in turn assassinated by a guy that was waiting behind you 9 times out of 10, and there was no chance at all of you reacting because you couldn't see him there. A button to switch between them would be fine, but I personally say stick with the 3rd person view.

• Like 1

If the motion tracker remained active as you did it, I think it would be a lot better than the current system. Far too often, people see you sneaking up behind them as they're assassinating someone, then turn round and kill you. It gives them an advantage and since a full assassination is supposed to be about risk, that's unfair.

You all have some pretty valid points. I said the exact same for first person vehicles, we should be able to toggle. If those who agree to have first person assassinations won, how is it fair to those who want first person vehicles? You know, I just realized this, but we should seriously stop with the suggestions. Halo 4 is nearly finished. Lets make suggestions for Halo 5. 343i won't fit any ideas into Halo 4 at this point.

• Like 1

You need the ability to see what's going on around you during the short cinematic. Anticipation for your next move. I suppose if the user really, really wanted to FPS assassinations it could be an option for you to choose which you would prefer. But, the players with 3rd person enabled are typically going to survive more often after an assassination than that of someone using first person.

If the motion tracker remained active as you did it, I think it would be a lot better than the current system. Far too often, people see you sneaking up behind them as they're assassinating someone, then turn round and kill you. It gives them an advantage and since a full assassination is supposed to be about risk, that's unfair.

Agree with this, as well as Dino and other supporting a choice. 3rd person and 1st person both have their fans and their better off in certain situations. There should be a choice, not mandatory either way. Having the motion tracker would help. Also, as previously noted, your taking a risk with an assassination no matter what, so whats the big deal?