PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A SICK JOKE 343.

Masonite

Halo 4 Leak Halo 4 = COD

#1 Caboosian

• Active Camo
  • bullet_black.png

875]

Posted Yesterday, 08:46 PM

I'm not even gonna post any comments. Here's the links to the leaked GameInformer magazine, and the summary from the guy who read it.

- Entire page

Unbelievable.

Please, please, please, please tell me this is a horrible joke. From what I understood Halo 4 was going back to Halo's roots i.e. a default starting weapon that is accurate, mid to long-ranged and can scope, simple power ups such as active camo and overshield, predictable weapons spawns, predictable player spawns (after studying spawn points in forge and playing enough to understand what effect enemy and teammate presence, dispatched grenades, and LOS have on individual spawns), spawn times, and a 1-50 ranking system based on wins and losses, not stats. What I read was disgusting and I hope you know that players such as myself who have been playing this game competitively since Halo: CE are extremely upset by this. Right now I don't think there is one competitive Halo player who is not devastated. Clearly you need to make this game appeal to the general consumers, but you are destroying what has made Halo so unique.

Although you probably don't give a ****, based on how you all have seemingly ignored the MLG community, let me tell you my experience with the real Halo. I don't remember a whole lot from when I was 6 years old but my first encounters with Halo are strongly embedded in my memory. I remember going over to my neighbors house and they had an xbox. I had never played a FPS, because I owned a Playstation at the time, and there really were no good FPSs at the time for that console. So I walked over to chill with my best friend at the time, and when I walked in, he, his dad, and two brothers were split screening on Halo: CE, playing Slayer Pro on Hang Em' High. The atmosphere was insanely competitive and you could just see the boys were trying their hearts out. I watched for a couple games, intrigued by the competition. Finally when their dad decided he had "better things to do," he put down the controller and... did whatever. So my boy Andrew hands me the controller and I'm nervous as hell because I know I'm about to get **** on. And I get **** on. After a few games I had the controls down and an adequate understanding of the map, as well as the camo spawn. BUT NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRIED, MY NEIGHBORS' ALWAYS PREVAILED BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTOOD THE GAME BETTER THAN I DID. AND I WAS FINE WITH THAT BECAUSE THAT'S HOW LIFE IS. IF YOU WORK TO IMPROVE AT SOMETHING, YOU SURPASS THOSE WHO DON'T WORK AS HARD TO BE GOOD, AND YOU BEAT THEM IN A COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT. I honestly fell in love with he nature of the game and as soon as I went home hours later I begged my parents for and Xbox. I didn't get a Xbox on my birthday. Fortunately, my parents bought me Halo: CE for the PC and an Xbox controller to plug into the PC. At first I was kind of pissed that I couldn't split screen with my two brothers, but I soon realized that Halo: Ce for the PC meant free online multi-players, which created an incredible opportunity to compete against Halo fanatics that had the game all figured out. Every day after school I would finish my homework and hop on the game, getting into the toughest sniper/pistol servers that I could. Later, I would go to basketball/lacrosse practice and then I would hop right back on the game until I went to bed. On weekends, because I was still about 7-8 years old, my mom would get frustrated when I spent too much time on the computer so she would make me go outside and play with my friends after hours of gaming. Over a few months I improved immensely and although my neighbor Andrew still played a lot with everyone in his household, we resumed our outdoor adventures and zombie-tag games among all the neighborhood kids because I always had my dosage of Halo for the day. I forgot all about any competition between the two of us, but surely enough, one day when I was at his house it started snowing, so we fired up the Xbox and played some campaign. On mission later, we found ourselves bored and we decided to do a 1v1. Andrew of course knew he was going to win because we had not played together in so long and our last encounters had resulted in me getting destroyed. I destroyed him so badly I felt so bad because I knew he took pride in his skill but it was incredible to see how everything I had picked up online paid off. My quick rigid strafe was something he had never had the opportunity to see. No one he ever played with ever picked up the sniper or timed camo, but I HAD PUT IN THE EFFORT TO LEARN THESE DETAILS, EVEN THOUGH MEMORIZING WEAPON AND POWER UP TIMES WERE BORING AS HELL, IT ALL PAID OFF BECAUSE I ALWAYS HAD FUN WRECKING PEOPLE WITH THEM. I wasn't long until I downloaded Teamspeak and join a clan online and really started getting competitive and from then they always made sure they stacked the opposite team to make it fair.

Really that's what multi-player on any game should be about. It should be like sports. You have the amateurs playing amateurs and the professionals playing the professionals. None of this leveling the playing field bull****. Instead of evening the playing field by making weapon spawns unpredictable, or giving players less potential in their starting weapons starting weapons, GIVE US A 1-50 RANKING SYSTEM SO THAT GOOD KIDS PLAY GOOD KIDS AND BAD PEOPLE PLAY BAD PEOPLE. IT'S ONLY HUMAN NATURE TO ASPIRE TO FLOURISH IN VARIOUS SKILL AND RISE ABOVE THE REST. The Halo 2 and Halo 3 ranks were such a pivotal portion of the multiplayer experience because ranking up meant you were part of another skill level, separated from your inferiors because you have surpassed them, which means a lot to players aspiring to be top-notch players.

I know that in this video you all explain that you are trying to really amplify Halo's defining characteristics, but what I'm seeing is that you're touching on all sci-fi characteristic by adding ridiculous armor abilities. But the essential part of the story that I think you're missing out on is the potential of the individual Spartans.I've read enough of the Halo novels to know that the Spartans are extremely athletic and intelligent. Even if you've only played the campaign, it's obvious that Master Chief has such a powerful influence over events even though he is one human being. An essential part Halo is that individual potential, that one person with the will power to do something great can achieve that. So in multi-player, instead of doing your best to take advantages away from knowledgeable players, I think that what you really should be doing is looking for ways to extend the skill gap. I already explained to you how you prevent a skill gap in players from discouraging new plays (Ranks...)

I think that you need to realize that the evolution of the game types is a beautiful thing. The Halo 1 Era has passed, but I've spent many hours going through old game plays of the Ogre twins that completely blow my mind. I'm not saying that Halo 4 matchmaking needs to be at the level of nading powerweapons off the spawn to yourself cross-map, but you guys don't seem to be making any effort to revert to traditional Halo characteristics.

Here is what the MLG community has to say about the pictures in the links posted at the top of this thread. It's not only nostalgic Halo fans, it's professional gamers that make a living off of this game and CEOs of the largest Halo tournaments in the world. Please read this because if these peoples' reactions don't change you mind, I honestly don't know what will. http://forums.majorl...70-halo-4-leak/

• Like 1

the MLG forums hold no standing anywhere because they are full of trolls, which is true, people get neg repped for putting a rightful comment? this is why ive lost all belief in the MLG side of the halo community.

Anyway, why you being so harsh on 343? for you all know that may be misleading information your giving and have been given, and you are spreading it, don't believe anything unless GameInformer/343i say it is true. :)

I'm not reading those large paragraphs... too much effort. But, as Biggles said don't believe in anything you hear unless it's from a 100% trusted source. And, just to point out from what you said right at the start and I'll make sure it's crystal clear...

HALO ISN'T EVER IN A MILLION YEARS GOING TO BE AT ALL LIKE CALL OF DUTY.

• Like 1

Hey guess what? It IS a sick joke! :D

Wait, the guy then posts that he was wrong and that information is correct. I'm not sure if I'm wrong (I want to be wrong) but the guy stated that most of what he said was false and that the information could be true (In his case it's true). Look at the link at the top, if you read this.

I don't see what the big issue is. Even if the information were true, so what? It's a game and it evolves like everything else. And no offense, but show me one single person who lives off of solely playing Halo for a living outside the owners of MLG. MLG is a hobby "sport" that you "can" make some money from. Leading people to believe that players solely play and make money to live from MLG games is very misleading. Even the top players or tourney winners have to rely on a steady normal job to support themselves.

All that aside, if Halo had evolved the way it should have, it would be the Infinity Ward or Crytek guys copying off of us now. If you wanna blame someone for holding the franchise back from evolving quicker than it should have, look no further than the fractured community.

BTW, Hey ShockGasm...can you believe this is going to be the last season of Bleach?!?! Like wtf man?!? Ichigo just gets his Spiritual Pressure back adn now it's the last season?!?

I don't see what the big issue is. Even if the information were true, so what? It's a game and it evolves like everything else. And no offense, but show me one single person who lives off of solely playing Halo for a living outside the owners of MLG. MLG is a hobby "sport" that you "can" make some money from. Leading people to believe that players solely play and make money to live from MLG games is very misleading. Even the top players or tourney winners have to rely on a steady normal job to support themselves.

All that aside, if Halo had evolved the way it should have, it would be the Infinity Ward or Crytek guys copying off of us now. If you wanna blame someone for holding the franchise back from evolving quicker than it should have, look no further than the fractured community.

BTW, Hey ShockGasm...can you believe this is going to be the last season of Bleach?!?! Like wtf man?!? Ichigo just gets his Spiritual Pressure back adn now it's the last season?!?

there might be rich people who dont need a job and play....but that seems unlikely aswell

I'm not reading those large paragraphs... too much effort. But, as Biggles said don't believe in anything you hear unless it's from a 100% trusted source. And, just to point out from what you said right at the start and I'll make sure it's crystal clear...

HALO ISN'T EVER IN A MILLION YEARS GOING TO BE AT ALL LIKE CALL OF DUTY.

That is actually the first thing that came to mind when I saw this.

• Like 1

TSquared lives off playing Halo. Tom Ryan, Ogre 2 also doesn't have a job and is using tournament winnings to pay for his college education sooo... there we go. The probelm is that halo 1/2 were the best Halos because of their skill gaps and thats why competitive players love Halo. If this information is true, then we're all going to leave the Halo community, beli343.

Tyler Blevins' (Ninja) main source of income is the revenue from his livestream that people watch because he is known as the best 1v1 player in the world so it is also arguable that he makes a living off this game because the amount of money that he makes from streaming is actually more than some people make working 9 to 5 jobs.

And Twinreaper if you actually beilieve that these changes are good for Halo, it's probably because you and your all-day forge buddies love to hit up that living dead playlist and rack up your credit because you are mentally incapable of using your brain to outsmart and outplay other people on the game. Have respect for the people that are actually good at the game that was created with the intention of having a competitive multiplayer.

I'm tired of the casual player trying to tell me that there are no MLG pros that make a living gaming when clearly there are a few who do. If you know very little on the subject of professional gaming, then you shouldn't be making bold statements like "Leading people to believe that players solely play and make money to live from MLG games is very misleading. Even the top players or tourney winners have to rely on a steady normal job to support themselves." My point isn't that the game should change for the few who make a living off of it. I just can't stand when people that know nothing about the subject tell me I'm wrong because their common sense says so.

And Twinreaper if you actually beilieve that these changes are good for Halo, it's probably because you and your all-day forge buddies love to hit up that living dead playlist and rack up your credit because you are mentally incapable of using your brain to outsmart and outplay other people on the game. Have respect for the people that are actually good at the game that was created with the intention of having a competitive multiplayer.

Actually Twin is more brainpower than youll ever have, he knows exactly what he is talking about, he knows how devs makes these games, and he is a brilliant halo player, playlists also dont show if someone is better than u.

You better hope that Twinreaper doesn't come back and read that...

Personally, I like the idea of "Spartan Ops" (though I think they should change the name of it because it sounds a bit misleading). From what I've heard about this possible feature it actually has a story-line to it. Which is definitely different from your run of the mill game with a similar feature (and not just call of duty, there are actually quite a few out there). Spartan points, eh. They could come up with a better name. To me "Spartan points" sounds like something a 9 year old would come up with for a school project.

Now let's talk about the multiplayer. Now, I've heard that they are making sprint default, but haven't heard whether they are going to decrease the normal walk speed (judging from Halo 3) to do so. I've also heard that the jump jets are going to come into play as well. So, by default everyone gets jump jets and sprint. I've HEARD that they are bringing back AA's, but didn't hear it from 343i, so I'm not sure what to make of it. I'll just leave AA's alone until they come out.

Another rumor going around is random weapon drops during multiplayer games. Now, there are a couple of negatives for this. First, call-outs will have to be rethought (which isn't so bad because a hardcore SWAT player has no idea where "shotgun" is in slayer games, making the callout useless). Secondly, players will not be able to memorize where their favorite weapons will spawn. Third, it adds a bit of randomness to the game, which detracts from skill (which some may say that that's not a bad thing, but be honest. If you put the time in the game to actually get good at it and got beat by someone who just bought the game because of a coincidence, it would piss you off).

All the negatives aside though, let's talk about the positives of random weapon drops. First, people won't be able to camp power weapons. I've never seen someone say "Oh hey, that's cool, that guy has had the rocket launcher the entire game!" in a sincere voice. Being totally honest, the only power weapons that take any sort of skill are snipers. If you aren't good with default weapons, then you shouldn't be taking the game seriously, let alone be in MLG. Secondly, it encourages callouts that can span across multiple gametypes. As I said previously, calling someone out based on a weapon spawn is half hazard at best. Third, it encourages map movement. The funnest and most satisfying games to win are when everyone is moving around the map, rather than taking a certain area and holding it with power weapons (in my own opinion at least. If you disagree, I respect your right to be wrong).

Now let's talk about the 1-50 ranking system based on wins and losses. Halo is mainly a team game. Having a ranking system based only off of wins and losses is all well and good if everyone around the world has 3 friends who can play with them whenever they so desire. If you are a lone wolf, and are very good, then you won't usually get paired with teammates who are also good. You will get paired with bad players to compensate for the good players on the other team. This makes it pure chance if you get a 50 without playing with friends. Also, that sort of system works in a way that allows A LOT of exploitation, which is difficult to counteract. I can practically see MLG people reading this plugging their ears and going "nanananannananana can't hear you", but the fact remains.

Last little thing, I know it's a bit cliche, but don't judge a book by it's cover. You can cry and complain all you want, but unless you've actually played the game you cannot accurately judge it. And if you've already played Halo 4, then you belong in prison, not on a forum.

Actually Twin is more brainpower than youll ever have, he knows exactly what he is talking about, he knows how devs makes these games, and he is a brilliant halo player, playlists also dont show if someone is better than u.

hey wait a second... i though devs stood for 'dinosaur expert version seventeen'... someone lied to me. :o

sooooooo.......... is this guy going to get the troller medal?

@masonite

1. This isn't 343's site

2. Yes, maybe a grand total of 3 people make their living off of playing halo. If they have to do that though... they should really get a life. No offense to any of them though.

3. Ya... I hate power weapons to if you said that somewhere...

4. The default weapons are FINE. in my opinion.

5. NEVER insult a PERSON on this forum. games are fine, but if you insult a person it will end VERY badly. And you might end up with a black name.

6. Halo 4 = COD Halo 4 = New and UNJUDGEABLE game

@director hahaha i love when you go 'i respect your right to be wrong. remind me never to argue with you.'

• Like 1

True that Azaxx. When I talk about making a living... I mean living completely independent of your parents or roommates etccc. Im not talkinv about college kids. Secondly, I know exactly how the devs tbink and I was around before the Halo community really took off. Forge? Please. Im a true map maker and programmer. Ive made more.commjnity content above Bungie grade than you could possibly dream. Anyone who sees the future of the Halo franchise as going the same old tired route of Halo 2 and 3 are either too blinded by previous heydays, or are afraid of change. If these people who make a livinv are true to their MLG fame....in terms of skill, then their "skill" should show across all titles...not one single title in particular. To me, tbat shows no true range of skill. A one bit wonder if you will.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who reads someone posting about MLG and instantly cringes. The MLG community is (as someone previously mentioned) full of trolls and most are just as talented as the rest of us at games. They're just trying to make a buck at tournaments, the rest of us are in it for fun. Does that give them a better, stronger, more educated opinion than the rest of us? Not really. They play the games more than us, but they don't represent the entire demographic. Wait...I'm getting off topic here....

Just about everything that is "leaked information" can be taken with a grain of salt until you hear it from a credible source. Heck, even multiple good sources. Most "leaked info" is speculation based on released screenshots, press demos and whatnot. As for Halo 1/2 being the best...I can almost agree. The skill gap was noticeable. New players would have a steep learning curve against seasoned opponents. It was obvious who had played more and adapted in those games. Though you have to realize that games are, indeed, going to evolve and adapt to new and popular features. If we had a rehashed, graphically updated Halo 1/2, then it would feel mundane and old. Too easy even. Instead of complaining about the changes, try to see how you can use them to your advantage and take an early lead against the newbs.

Well, I can't see it ending tbh. I think there will be a good few more episodes, but that's just my guess. Bleach is an amazing anime, I'm sure there will be more to come. :) If this is in fact going to be the last season then... I WILL CRY!

Now let's talk about the 1-50 ranking system based on wins and losses. Halo is mainly a team game. Having a ranking system based only off of wins and losses is all well and good if everyone around the world has 3 friends who can play with them whenever they so desire. If you are a lone wolf, and are very good, then you won't usually get paired with teammates who are also good. You will get paired with bad players to compensate for the good players on the other team. This makes it pure chance if you get a 50 without playing with friends. Also, that sort of system works in a way that allows A LOT of exploitation, which is difficult to counteract. I can practically see MLG people reading this plugging their ears and going "nanananannananana can't hear you", but the fact remains.

This is why I prefer the Halo Reach system. You can lose and still get closer to the next rank if you performed well in the game. It's a more accurate measurement of skill.

• Like 1

This is why I prefer the Halo Reach system. You can lose and still get closer to the next rank if you performed well in the game. It's a more accurate measurement of skill.

To be fair, you can SUCK in Reach and still get closer to the next rank though. xD

What they NEED to do is make a ranking system based off of K/D. Not the actual ratio (1.40 or 2.0) but the +/- (+14 or -5). Something that will bust you down 1 rank and boost you up 1.25 based on how positive/negative you go. The reason I say 1 and 1.25 ratio is because even people who usually go +5 or +10 sometimes get that game where they go -20. This way, it's based solely on your performance rather than your teams performance.