Halo 4 Enemy Possibilities

a live dinosaur

"Halo 4 will be a blend of the familiar and the unfamiliar," states Josh Holmes, 343i's creative director. We can expect to encounter enemies such as the Elites, Grunts, Jackals, etc. but also some new enemies. The only thing confirmed about the enemies is that we will face, if not all, the majority of the Covenant, and something new. I assume it could do something with the monitors. 343 Guilty Spark, monitor of Installation 04, is gone, but if you've seen the terminals in Halo: Anniversary, there are multiple monitors. The monitor that is well known, Guilty Spark, is monitor of Installation 04. Maybe we can come across other monitors, or even other Installations, even if everything Forerunner-created has been wiped out. Bungie brought Avery Johnson back in Halo 2, with only an unanswered question from a Marine on the first level. I hold the thought of Fore-runner in my head, weather they could be the new allies, or the greatest enemy, but I am most curious about how, and why, 343i turns Elites into enemies. Arbiter is gone, but Elites have no right to attack Chief after helping them defeat the Prophet. Maybe some Elites were too ignorant to obey Arbiter, or just think the whole movement against the Covenant was blasphemy. Who knows, I just don't find that right. Maybe Arbiter is back? Maybe he gets killed? I just wish Elites and humans kept they're friendly bond, like man and his dog. Maybe things can work out at the end of Halo 4. Bungie was very good with a story-line, so I should guess 343i will be too. All Im saying is that the Elites better have a good reason for betrayal.

I say covies for main. Forerunners for next. Then flood.

Covenant are going to be the main enemy no dought

I don't think so. I think the covies are just going to be a minor inconvenience in the long run, not the main enemy.

All of the questions in the OP can be answered by reading Halo: Glasslands and Halo: Cryptum and Primordium. 343 Guilty Spark is still alive just not as a physical monitor, a copy of him has commandeered a UNSC ship and he is going to seek the Librarian. I don't know if the Arbiter will be back but he's not pronounced dead yet and could be back in Halo 4, which I think he will be, but some Elites are against the Arbiter yes and they still believe the Forerunners to be their gods but do not want to be under the rule of the Prophets.

• 4 months later...