Why People are Hating on 343

SpartanIV

Halo 4 was a colossal disappointment/failure, saying anything otherwise, well you're in the extreme minority.  That being said, who cares about Halo 4, its toast.  The important thing here is to focus on Halo 5.  Everyone seems to relentlessly moan and complain about this recent installment (and rightfully so), but that doesnt get any results really.  All I know is, see "link" below, these people at 343i were in charge of this mess, and frankly I dont want half of them touching the next installment.  I'd be shocked if they're still employed even after this disaster.  Anyhow, if youd like to be constructive, contact them directly or their superiors, petition always work great, twitter too. 

http://www.microsoft.com/games/mgsgamecatalog/halo4_credits.aspx

From what I've researched, Josh Holmes apparently called the shots for many of the poor decisions made for this game.

Anyhow Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I do believe that the people who are complaining because of change are more fanboys than real fans. I don't personally like the CoD-like changes that have been made, but Halo 4 is not what some people have been calling "Call of Halo".  Think of it this way: no deathstreaks, no spawning with power weapons, and teammates can be harmed now. 

I do believe that the people who are complaining because of change are more fanboys than real fans. I don't personally like the CoD-like changes that have been made, but Halo 4 is not what some people have been calling "Call of Halo".  Think of it this way: no deathstreaks, no spawning with power weapons, and teammates can be harmed now. 

i lol'd 

I wonder why some people think that.......... http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/totalpopulation/all .

I really thought that the weapon tuning would bring people back... It's a shame really, but if I worked at 343i I would try everything in my power to keep the exsisting population and bring back the ones who left (No more going after new fans).

I would...

- Fix all remaining Bugs/Glitches (In Campaign, Spartan Ops, Forge, Theater, Matchmaking, and Custom games)

- Add Theater Support for Campaign and Spartan Ops

- Bring Back Clans 

- Bring back all the old Custom game options from every previous Halo, plus add entirely new ones

- Polish all Playlists, Gametypes, and Modes

- Update every map with new decor and weapon/vehicle placement

- Add New maps to Playlist rotation

- Add new armor and weapon skins

- Make Spartan Ops Season 2

- Make a New DLC Map Pack that has Four new maps

- Fix Server/Netcode problems, and fix the Frame-rate issues and splitscreen lag

...And that would just be my first Title update out of twenty....

• Like 1

I really thought that the weapon tuning would bring people back... It's a shame really, but if I worked at 343i I would try everything in my power to keep the exsisting population and bring back the ones who left (No more going after new fans).

I would...

- Fix all remaining Bugs/Glitches (In Campaign, Spartan Ops, Forge, Theater, Matchmaking, and Custom games)

- Add Theater Support for Campaign and Spartan Ops

- Bring Back Clans 

- Bring back all the old Custom game options from every previous Halo, plus add entirely new ones

- Polish all Playlists, Gametypes, and Modes

- Update every map with new decor and weapon/vehicle placement

- Add New maps to Playlist rotation

- Add new armor and weapon skins

- Make Spartan Ops Season 2

- Make a New DLC Map Pack that has Four new maps

- Fix Server/Netcode problems, and fix the Frame-rate issues and splitscreen lag

...And that would just be my first Title update out of twenty....

its way to late to save this game. Most people have turned it away for good or traded it in. I wish they would fix the ranking system and make it visable and had social interaction then atleast me and my friends might give the game a try again.

I wonder why some people think that.......... http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/totalpopulation/all .

Ouch!

I knew it was bad, but not that bad. 

When I was on Reach two days ago, it had a population of 18K. And thats just what little is left after the release of H4.

If that decline was from the update, I'd hate to see what happens if they pushed out another update that was similar to this recent one. :cry:  <----(scared face)

Guess that shows just how many people really wanted that update. (sarcasm)

• Like 1

If Halo 5 has 200,000 players by the end of the first week I'll be happy.

AD's link kinda proves exactly how broken Halo 4 is and how unenjoyable it is compared to other games.

I wouldn't say its "brokeness" is what made it unenjoyable. There was just something missing...It all felt less interesting somehow than Reach did. Two or three matches and you felt like you were having  bad case of deja vu.

I wouldn't say its "brokeness" is what made it unenjoyable. There was just something missing...It all felt less interesting somehow than Reach did. Two or three matches and you felt like you were having  bad case of deja vu.

I think if matches were at a faster pace, but and with less randomness, and maps didn't suck and look so damn dull, it'd be a bit better. Because all those things slow the game down.

I really don't get that at all. Just goes to show how loyal Halo players really are.

I'll keep playing that's for damn sure.

Lets say you've been eating at a great restaurant for the past 10 years. Granted, the staff have been getting lazier and lazier but you ignore it as the food is still from the restaurant.

The new year passes, and a new policy is instated, changing all the food. Now, instead of well cooked food, the employees are to take a dump on a plate and serve that.

Loyalty doesn't matter.

Lets say you've been eating at a great restaurant for the past 10 years. Granted, the staff have been getting lazier and lazier but you ignore it as the food is still from the restaurant.

The new year passes, and a new policy is instated, changing all the food. Now, instead of well cooked food, the employees are to take a dump on a plate and serve that.

Loyalty doesn't matter.

I just feel that Halo 4 is a great game, but I can't get other people to see that. I know people can do whatever they want, and I respect that. I hope Halo (5) will change things for the Halo franchise, and bring it out of this little slump it's in right now.

I'm sorry I posted that. It was really late, and I was reaally tired  :unsure:

• Like 2

Good. I'm not the only one who considers 4 to be up there with Wars and 2. It is the only FPS I play with a multiplayer I WANT to play. Halo 3 takes too long and is full of noobs and TRYHARDNLGPROLOLOLGENERAP4STARS and I despise Reach. Love everything apart from multiplayer. 4, I love everything.

I think it's because automatics are USEABLE for once. The fits multiplayer where the AR can be used effectively!

Honestly though, I don't care about population if the game. If I can find a match, that's fine by me.

Gotta admit though, the people who claim themselves to be 'True Halo fans' (IMO are the people who care for the story, but that's off topic) are the ones deserting?! Surely people who claim to be the biggest fans would be prepared to give an INEXPERIENCED studio a second chance? Those are the people who aren't loyal.

But yeah, for me, a 'true' halo fan is one who cares for lore and thinks the campaign is what should be focused on.

I think if matches were at a faster pace, but and with less randomness, and maps didn't suck and look so damn dull, it'd be a bit better. Because all those things slow the game down.

Slower gameplay doesn't make the game any less skillful. Call of Duty has WAY faster kill-times, and more action per game, and is in the end a way faster paced game... But does that mean it takes more skill than Halo 3 MLG? Chess is a ludicrously slow paced game but it takes lots of skill. So does painting a portrait (Like the Mona Lisa), and designing a new car design, or making a new video game, or even building a house.

Would it take more skill to get 100 kills and no deaths in SWAT settings, or would it take more skill to get 100 kills and no deaths in a playlist where it takes 25 headshots to kill someone? I'd say the slower paced one because you not only have to have faster reaction times, and be a better shot, but you also have to be good at aiming to hit the enemy who after the third or fourth shot would be strafing like crazy, and you would also have to be good at strafing yourself to avoid getting killed first... 

• Like 1