Classes in Halo 4

B1ue D3vi1

In an article in this months issue of the GameInformer magazine, a lot of interesting information was released. At first, I didn't know what to think when they said that there would be classes in Halo 4, but after finishing the article and reading about how the game still feels like Halo and is fast paced and fun I thought it is actually a pretty cool idea. What do you guys think?

Well, I have read that there are also going to be customizable classes in Halo 4. Not anything major like being able to choose a power weapon of the spawn, but a BR instead of a DMR, or something like that. I think that this will be a pretty cool addition to the Halo series as now, players do not have to run after their AR or BR or DMR, and they can just spawn in with it.

A thing that I don't like is the Halo 4 power weapon spawning system. I think that shooting them down from drop pods and having them land anywhere on the map is a bad idea. This will ruin the flow of the game, and the tides in a game can change as quickly as me saying "Pickles". Weapon timing is also a crucial thing that separates great Halo players from, not so great Halo players.

Although I haven't actually seen this system in play yet, I am not completely sure that it has been confirmed by 343i.

-MaGIIXz

I can see the positives of this in 'social' game modes, where the emphasis is less on winning and more on having fun. It'd be even better if this idea of classes extends beyond just weapon loadouts and into actual, physical traits: you can either have a Spartan with an Assault Rifle and a Battle Rifle with normal stats, or one with a DMR who moves faster, or one who only starts with a Battle Rifle but has more Health and Grenades.

It would certainly open up a lot more options in custom games, and it's worked really well even in games like Team Fortress 2 which have a similar feel to Halo.

I can see the positives of this in 'social' game modes, where the emphasis is less on winning and more on having fun. It'd be even better if this idea of classes extends beyond just weapon loadouts and into actual, physical traits: you can either have a Spartan with an Assault Rifle and a Battle Rifle with normal stats, or one with a DMR who moves faster, or one who only starts with a Battle Rifle but has more Health and Grenades.

It would certainly open up a lot more options in custom games, and it's worked really well even in games like Team Fortress 2 which have a similar feel to Halo.

I disagree with adding actual traits into loadouts. They can unbalance the game really easily, especially if they have to be earned through rank.

• Like 1

I disagree with adding actual traits into loadouts. They can unbalance the game really easily, especially if they have to be earned through rank.

Definitely not in competitive playlists. But in social matches, where people are looking to just goof around a little more, I don't know that it would be such a bad thing.