We are going to need a bigger disc...

Stealth Pilot

24 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Ask me later when more information is out
    • When the price goes down

Rumors have been stated that Halo 4, with loaded discs from all of the maps, campaign, forge, etc, could bring the game price up to US $80. 343i is still trying to find a way to jam all of this onto one disc, or maybe a two disc package such as BF3 did.

Question is will you still be buying?

I think that I will still buy it. I am a die-hard Halo fan and am still saving for a Halo 4 edition, such as Heroic, or Legendary. Now that I hear this, I think that I might not be willing to spend over $100.00 on a Heroic or higher edition on this game even being such a Halo fan. If this is true, I will most likely just buy the standard package.

-MaGIIXz

I don't know guys. If they jack up the price over the norm, which is already high, expect all other titles to follow suit. Then, what happens when the new system hits the market? They could easily charge you more for games at that point as well. A $20.00 jump in price on games that normally fall between $50.00 and $60.00 is a significant increase, think about this.

• Like 1

Where in the world did this rumor come from? Adding an additional disk for multiplayer/forge won't jack up the price at all, let alone $20 dollars.

If it is somehow true then it would most likely be the worst pricing decision in the history of video games so far. "Hey check out our major holiday release and the newest installment for a franchise you love! Oh yeah, it will cost $20 more than you were expecting. Trollolol have a nice day!"

Standard Game: $60

Possible New Halo: $80

Increase: 33%.

Likelyhood: Maybe >0.1%.

The chance of a price increase now is very unlikely, in my mind. Look, BF3 had two discs, and it was still $60. ME2 and ME3 are each two discs, still only $60. I believe Lost Oddysey was 4 discs and if I'm not mistaken when it came out, that was still only $60.

ok, there is this standard in the money system in which everything goes smoothly, for new games it is between $40 - $60. Anything above or below that number and this smoothness isn't so smooth anymore. In this place, both the consumers and the producers benefit, because it is still cheap enough where the consumers will pay the price for it, but expensive enough for the producers to make a profit. If the price is lower than the standard the consumers will greatly benefit, BUT the producers will lose money. If the price is higher than the standard then the consumers won't pay for it. This is guided by this thing called "The Invisible Hand".

My point was that the price will not increase, UNLESS the economy increases.

And there is your Economy lesson for today. :thumbsup: