An awesome idea for Modelers!

BigMartin58

Ok, to start off, the only reason I'm making this is to see what you guys think. I know that most likely this WONT happen. All I want is for your opinions...

Ok, so my idea is specifically for those really nice modellers out there. Ok, so my idea is that, for forge mode, it has a smart function that allows for semi-importing models for maps. This is how it would work. You go onto 3DS Max or Google Sketch-Up or whatever you use for 3D modelling and you make a map in that program. You download two FREE things from 343 Industries. The first thing is a script file that places a map of whichever you want your creation on so you can select where, on the map, to place it. Second, you download a program and it converts the model into a "semi-import"-able model. BUT, you are not actually importing the model into the game. The converting program converts the model into specified data that the "smart function" in forge reads. After you transfer the file over to your Xbox, via flash Drive, this smart function, in forge, then reads the data of the file and "auto" builds the structure, using the forge pieces, in the most suitable way possible, to make it look as close as possible to the model. It places it in the exact place you had it in the modelling program.

I don't know how useful it would be because you can build it in-game, but some people are better at creating things in modelling programs...

Just opinions guys! I don't want trolls coming and saying "Oh this is so NOT gonna happen!" I KNOW IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN!!! lol

Tell me what ya think!!! :thumbsup:

Well it's a nice idea, however there are a number of issues.

Due to creating things in a third-party programme, then importing the file, or the code derived from the file, into game, you are creating huge problems in terms of security. Just think how easy it would be for hackers and modders to get onto the game.

Also, people could create incredible maps which would be impossible to make otherwise, which many people would deem as unfair.

• Like 1

Any time you use external programs you run the risk of getting viruses, as Luke said. There'd need to be some special form of policing new files, for example they'd probably need to be manually looked over by 343i employees before they could be used in the game, and that would make a lot of work for very little real reward from their perspective.

The basic idea's a good one, though! It's just the logistics that are the problem.

• 8 months later...