Snippets of more halo 4 music?

Adam91

I came across this video that is says its some music recording for halo 4, i was a bit skeptical about it and didnt jump to conlusions and kept in mind that it could be fake.

Here is that video first of all.

p.s. listen to the very first piece at the beginning it just oozes that halo vibe also some of the other pieces feel the same way, if this is real my concerns over the music has now decreased, im really liking some of these pieces (again i hope its real)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOyOJqjz1-s

now heres is another video of the new composer working with some of the music and i think i can hear some of those pieces of music from the first video in this one and also this video cuts to different pieces of music like the first video did.

watch here

Edit: ok go now back to the first video and listen to the piece of music from 1:03 then listen to the piece at 1:56 in the this video of the music samples it find of sounds familiar, like the piece in the first video was like first draft and the piece in this video was the final version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ-mmSh9yMw

• Like 3

I liked the samples they released but this stuff sounds way better. Also 0:0 to 0:17 in the main video...that is definitely a new version of one of the themes in Halo 3, I believe its in the second or third track. When Sgt. Johnson finds the Chief. Good to see that the old stuff still has a bit of a foothold here.

Also good to see how Davidge sounds really different from Marty but at the same time exactly like Marty. I'm loving it. Thats what I hope Halo 4 is, incredibly different, incredibly the same.

• Like 1

I liked the samples they released but this stuff sounds way better. Also 0:0 to 0:17 in the main video...that is definitely a new version of one of the themes in Halo 3, I believe its in the second or third track. When Sgt. Johnson finds the Chief. Good to see that the old stuff still has a bit of a foothold here.

Also good to see how Davidge sounds really different from Marty but at the same time exactly like Marty. I'm loving it. Thats what I hope Halo 4 is, incredibly different, incredibly the same.

yip i can hear that, nice spotting, im beginning to have faith in the new composer i was just a little concerned after hearing the sample video but i wasnt a big fan of what i heard from that but im starting to come around and im glad i am.

Edit: i just went and watched that cutscene from halo 3 and it almost seems to be the same, which im happy to hear.

• Like 1

At first I was really depressed O'Donnel was going, but now hearing all the new music, I am even more impressed. I cannot wait for the game. I am going to play it with full surround sound in my dark basement so that I get the full Halo experience. Thanks for the Vids, adam.

• Like 1

At first I was really depressed O'Donnel was going, but now hearing all the new music, I am even more impressed. I cannot wait for the game. I am going to play it with full surround sound in my dark basement so that I get the full Halo experience. Thanks for the Vids, adam.

yeah i was the same way im beginning to like his work, and your welcome
  • Like 1

One thing I hope is that he doesn't take the best of this music and layer a whole lot of stuff on top of it. Having just the violins and just the chanting with little to no other stuff is much more effective IMO. When he needs complex, keep it with the electronic and the heavy action, but keep the emotional and main themes simple and hard hitting.

ok i got tingles, Nice find Adamj, im really liking the music so far, i think it sounds pretty epic

im liking some of the music so far, but some others im not a fan of too much but im sure he will produce a lot of fantastic music, im just glad i heard the very first piece of music in the video, he seems to be acknowledging classic halo style music but also making some new intense tracks.

also if you notice that piece of music in this video starts at 0:01 - 0:17, do you see it? lol

pfft, speakers are for the inferior, high definition Headphones! FTW

• Like 1

pfft, speakers are for the inferior, high definition Headphones! FTW

I dunno.. a good set of headphones is definitely an awesome plus, but a surround system set up with top notch equipment? Could give HD headphones a run for their money.

Edit: Oh, and congrats on MoM!

• Like 1