Credit Caps and the Ban Hammer in Halo 4

DoctorB77

1) The credit caps would be activated in Halo Reach if a player reaches a certain amount of credits in a day and is not allowed to gain more. Now I think it is unfair that if somebody is actually playing well and do challenges and play a lot of games and then all of a sudden he cannot advance in rank due to the amount of experience he has gained in that day so far. Now 343i's worry is that these players are earning credits unfairly since the cap is fairly high. I don't think that 343 should cap dedicated players in Halo 4. They should have a better way to monitor a player and make sure that he/she is not credit farming or cheating in any way. I hope that they change this in some way.

2) I have a friend on xbox live who loves his little brothers, one is 8 and the other is 7. He enjoys playing with them and I like to play with them as well (even though the 7 year old finds it hilarious to kill me). However he is upset whenever he and his brothers get credit banned. The reason for this is that his brothers usually only get 2 or less points in a game and the system sees them as AFK or AFC. I think that the ban hammer should instead of receiving data from games should be able to tell what a players are by their movements. Now I know that some idiots just use rubber bands and I know that should be detectable. However newer and less experienced players have more choppy movements from side to side with their right and left analog stick. I think that if they ever fire bullets at least once a minute then they are considered to be playing, regardless if they get killed or not. I hope that 343i is able to give the banhammer eyes and that this can improve for the enjoyment of all halo players.

• Like 3

You don't think it would be hard to track would you?

Unfortunately, it would be very hard to track. Rather than an automated program sifting through game records to look at kills/points per game, you're asking for a system that actually looks at all of the gameplay to look for movements. I don't know if it's even possible.

Again, looking at specific data from in a game. How many games are played in a single hour? Is it possible to create an automated system to search for specific actions inside of a game? Somebody like Twin could shed some light on the possibility of a system like this.

Again, looking at specific data from in a game. How many games are played in a single hour? Is it possible to create an automated system to search for specific actions inside of a game? Somebody like Twin could shed some light on the possibility of a system like this.

They said they were awarding credits to players who try out different weapons. So they have to track this somehow.