Gadgets, Guns, And Devils: The Sound Design Of Halo 4

Archangel Tyrael

HaloSound610.jpg

Not only is Halo 4 starting anew for the music of the game, but the audio team led by Sotaro Tojima is hard at work amassing a gigantic library of sound effects for the new game. Rather than overly relying on stock sound effects from an existing library or from past Halo games, Sotaro and his colleagues are doing everything they can to ensure that the soundscape of Halo 4 will be fresh. Check out the video below to learn about the team's unique sound sources

and the guiding philosophy behind them.

Link to watch the video ---> http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/04/25/gadgets-guns-and-devils-the-sound-design-of-halo-4.aspx

• Like 1

Lol, "I wanna copy it... But I shouldn't copy it..." Sounds so much like Halo 3. All of the creepy sounds make me feel like it will be a lot like Halo 3. The Grunts, or whatever those are, sound like dying pigs, and that made me laugh. I am guessing the gunshots we're AR sounds, or just the 'background sounds' like on Halo: Reach's Boardwalk, but I may be wrong. It is going to be fun playing campaign with Cortana again. I felt so alone during the Halo 3 Campaign, even though I had Arbiter with me. Only one and a half levels with Cortana, besides the creepy voices and references Chief heard in his head throughout the game. Also, this is a little off topic, but your signature is beautifully creative :P.

Good sound design can make a huge difference...playing BF3 after playing previous BF's and CoD...like holy sheet. So happy that they are pulling no punches on the Music and Audio. Don't know how the gameplays gonna turn out but its obvious that the guys at 343 know how to cover the bases of Halo.