Flag Juggling, Yes or No?

Undead

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Want Flag Juggling Back?

• Yes
    • No

So for anyone who doesn't know what flag juggling is, its where you pickup the flag whilst moving to increase the speed in which you can move the objective.Now many people see it as a manipulation or "cheating", I would like to just point out how it is actually balanced, for the increase in speed you loose stealth of just holding it as the waypoint is constantly pointing out where you are heading. On the downside the announcer does get annoying by saying "flag taken" and "flag dropped" over and over again.

So my question is do you want the classic flag juggle back?

I voted no.

I don't want to see it back for the simple reason that if the developers wanted you to be able to move at normal speed with the flag, they just wouldn't add a speed penalty. Flag juggling isn't particularly difficult, so it's not a skill problem - anyone with a working index finger can flag juggle. So it's not a question of skill, but purely one of gameplay.

Plus I want to kill Jeff Steitzer every time someone does it.

I voted no. First off, the announcer gets annoying, but also i find it's a little bit of cheating. If the game designers meant for you to run at normal speeds with the flag, they would of just made your running speed faster while holding the flag.

• Like 1

Why does it matter if a game designer intends for it or not? If it's an improvement on gameplay and well balanced (which it is), then it really shouldn't matter. It's not like a glitch that gives you invincibility, or gives you any significant advantage over other players. The only issue that I can see is that not everybody would know about it, because it wasn't intended, but it's not like it's difficult to figure out.

Regardless, bungie kept flag juggling in every halo (except Reach I believe, but they still threw it in there as an option). So, you honestly can't say that it wasn't intended, otherwise bungie would have kept it out of Halo 3 and Reach completely. I can definitely understand how the announcer can get annoying, but that's an easy fix.

I voted no. First off, the announcer gets annoying, but also i find it's a little bit of cheating. If the game designers meant for you to run at normal speeds with the flag, they would of just made your running speed faster while holding the flag.

Sure they can run faster and give away their postition. I think that people who juggle and say that it is "a good tactic" are dumb. It isn't that great of a tactic in a CTF gametype. However juggling is seen to be much more effective in games like stockpile.

So I voted yes.