If AA's continue in H 4, should they drain your shields?

Absolute Dog

An idea struck me while discussing a new Armor Ability tonight. Much like when you run fast and hard you are winded and slightly drained. By that reasoning and even though you are a Spartan, or whatever species, when you expend energy or even control an ability it should be draining on your shields. What do you feel about this? If AA's are to be continued, shouldn't there be some kind of a leeching affect on your shields when used?

I quite agree with you, as that when someone uses AL, it's even typically used to recharge their shields while they are protected. AL itself as an ability would be degraded slightly just because of this, making it a bit easier to continue with the game, kill the player that may have died anyways, and not disrupt gameplay as much

I quite agree with you, as that when someone uses AL, it's even typically used to recharge their shields while they are protected. AL itself as an ability would be degraded slightly just because of this, making it a bit easier to continue with the game, kill the player that may have died anyways, and not disrupt gameplay as much

I actually hope AA's do not stay, you know, but if they stay, AL has to go, period, end discussion.

I actually hope AA's do not stay, you know, but if they stay, AL has to go, period, end discussion.

It would be nice to have halo back the way it was, without AA's and disruptive tactics such as AL, i was just thinking, at the off chance that they did keep it, it would be incredibly nerfed down.

How about they don't put in AA's at all- because they sucked IMO. If anything- sprint is not an armour ability and any Spartan should be able to do it. If you wanted Stealth, then the Spartan III headhunter SPI armour should be included- as they had shields too,though to use invisibility it would drain their shields. Also using that would allow you to have VISR (As seen on ODST) and would give an aim assist (Similar to the needler one when playing as elites on Reach).

Thats a great idea

How about they don't put in AA's at all- because they sucked IMO. If anything- sprint is not an armour ability and any Spartan should be able to do it. If you wanted Stealth, then the Spartan III headhunter SPI armour should be included- as they had shields too,though to use invisibility it would drain their shields. Also using that would allow you to have VISR (As seen on ODST) and would give an aim assist (Similar to the needler one when playing as elites on Reach).

In these forums I see a good number of people are starting to feel Sprint should be a Spartan attribute and it does make sense. He can jump higher than the average human and by that logic should be able to run faster. I think this is starting to gain some common liking in the forums.

probably instead of draining your shield and health it also sacrifices movement

You know that using most of them sacrifices movement. You can't run with Inv, you get seen. Evade has a slight stall after use. JetPack has a brief moment after landing before you can really move. Hologram and sprint really don't have a downside. AL, well, ummmmm....you know my answer there!