Halo 3 vs Reach vs Halo 4 screen shots

Adam91

I know this includes halo 3 and reach but since it also shows halo 4 content and halo 4 is the main talk of the topic I think its ok to post it here

From oxcgn.com

Yes it’s an understatement, but I’m ridiculously excited for Halo 4.

While I’ve previously shown apprehension on the direction of the game, I’m still eager to see what 343 is doing with the franchise, and where we’ll be going next.

I decided to pull together a bunch of comparison screens showing the visual differences between Halo 3, Halo: Reach and Halo 4.

The results are staggering, and I think you’ll see it too.

The format below (in each column from left to right): Halo 3, Reach, Halo 4.

Grunts

halo-4-comparison-oxcgn-2.jpg?w=143&h=107 halo-4-comparison-oxcgn-1.jpg?w=143&h=107 halo-4-comparison-oxcgn-3.jpg?w=116&h=106

Elites

halo-4-comparison-oxcgn-5.jpg?w=143&h=80 halo-4-comparison-oxcgn-4.png?w=104&h=118 halo-4-comparison-oxcgn-6.jpg?w=110&h=150

Gameplay

halo-4-comparison-oxcgn-11.jpg?w=143&h=80 halo-4-comparison-oxcgn-10.jpg?w=143&h=80 halo-4-comparison-oxcgn-12.jpg?w=143&h=80

Multiplayer

halo-3-screenshots-oxcgn-1.jpg?w=143&h=80 halo-reach-screenshots-oxcgn-1.jpg?w=143&h=80 halo-4-comparison-oxcgn-15.jpg?w=143&h=80

halo-3-screenshots-oxcgn-2.jpg?w=143&h=80 halo-reach-screenshots-oxcgn-2.jpg?w=143&h=80 halo-4-ingame-screenshots-oxcgn-2.jpg?w=143&h=80

halo-4-ingame-screenshots-oxcgn-2.jpg?w=143&h=80 halo-reach-screenshots-oxcgn-3.jpg?w=143&h=80 halo-4-comparison-oxcgn-21.jpg?w=143&h=80

• Like 1

Halo 3 looks the best.

From an artistic perspective maybe and maybe not, but from a technical and realistic point of view Halo 4 is far superior than either Halo 3 or Halo: Reach. This being said, I enjoy how each of the three look in their own right. Halo 3 is colourful and wacky, Halo: Reach is a bit more real and has a bit of grit, while Halo 4 seems to have an even more realistic and dark science fiction aesthetic than either Halo 3 or Halo: Reach. It's nice to see the series improving its visuals so much.

• Like 1