what is inheritor?

skummgummigubbe

my question is where does the inheritors come in to the picture, i know reclamers is some specific humans (or all) then you have forerunners, but who are the inheritors,

i mean why would they put something higher than forunner in the halo reach ranks, if forerunner is the greatest?

but can inheritors have anything to do with halo 4?

It's the "inheritor" of the galactic mantle.

It's pretty much what the trilogy is about. The humans, forerunners, and possibly elites are fighting over the true inheritor of the galactic mantle and the galaxy.

The definition: To receive (property or a title, for example) from ancestors by legal succession or will. What it means in Halo: Reach; It's a hexagon with a comet on it with stars. The symbol represents the rank being top notch (you can't get higher because you already reached the stars).

When the Forerunners activated the Halo rings, they intended humanity to inherit the Mantle. The Mantle was a Forerunner philosophy that powerful races (such as the Forerunners) were responsible for the protection and cultivation of the galaxy. Inheritor is the highest rank because it means the you have inherited the Mantle and taken the Forerunners' place (assuming that all of the Forerunners are gone).

Mendicant also claims that the humans are his makers, which corroborates what 343 Guilty Spark says to the Master Chief in Halo 3: "You are the child of my makers. Inheritor of all they left behind. You are Forerunner" That word is key, that is Master Chiefs "rank"