Diablo 3 user review average plumits to 3.6 on Metacritic

Fans flood aggregator to vent frustrations

Angry PC gamers have responded to Blizzard's server woes by submitting hundreds of negative Diablo 3 reviews and dragging its average down to a lowly 3.6.

screenshot_278715_thumb_wide300.jpg

A total of 1965 user reviews have been submitted at the time of writing and 914 of those are listed as negative. The fury has been shotgunned at the game in general, its connection woes and the always-on internet requirement.

"As an old Diablo 2 and Diablo 1 player i must say I am greatly disappointed," one review reads. "After initial problems with logging in and character creation I have must say that graphics are amazingly bad. I mean, being so many years in development I hoped for something better.

The angry man continues: "Not only that, but the game itself gives me stable 14 FPS and not a one more, must be some engine bug! The story line is medicore, length of the game is amazingly short, I already passed it! I have been playing whole night but, really Blizzard? Bad game, 0/10."

Another reviewer calls Diablo 3 "so boring you would have more fun at a bingo hall," adding: "Also the connection problems at launch are awful and show how incompetent Blizzard is. The graphics in game are also not close to what a Diablo game should look like."

Last year Metacritic admitted it has begun identifying and banning user reviewers 'bombing' games with overly-negative verdicts.

At the time the developers of Bastion and Toy Soldiers: Cold War were among those affected by the practice, and Activision's Call of Duty is a regular victim.

Diablo 3 servers came crashing down on release day after players rushed to activate their games, download files and play online. Blizzard was forced to perform emergency maintenance to fix the servers.

(My opinion of this is, gamers can't handle a error and change. I find most good and some parts bad. This is out of hand right here.)