The 10 year mark (Bungie/343industries)

Killer K34

We have been seeing alot of skepical views of parts of the community who think 343i is messing up halo for what it was by using similar experiences as other popular games such as Call of Duty, Battlefield 3, and Gear of War 3. well let me tell you why i think 343i will do a better job on Halo 4 then Bungie would have. I call it, the 10 year mark.

The 10 year mark is the deadline for many gaming companies where they start to fall into a lower quality for their games. with bungie they have been a very great and successful company for the last 10 years and had a great ending game on the trilogy with halo 3, however this was not the end for them. they saw how popular this game was and started to see how much profit and games could still be made. by the time Halo reach came out you could see the lazyness in the construction of the game: multiplayer maps make from campaign, lower quality maps for BTB, and such. Halo reach overall was still a great game. if they had continued on with the franchise after this game they would have started to crumble and end a geat universe just like that.

luckily for us some of the bungie employees still cared about halo and when it came to pass that bungie wanted the rights to halo but couldnt get them, they left us to start their other games into developement. these loving halo bungie employees however came back to microsoft and form a new group in microsoft called 343industries (after the halo character 343 guilty spark). as they started to grow, every new employee joined for the soul purpose to put out the best game they could for us as the fans. now they have developed this new chapter to the halo universe and ecxelled at the haloverses expansion and everything we love about it. 343 is starting to form their "first game" as a new chapter to this new saga and want to make it new and fresh while having that same superhero feel we all have when we play as master chief of as our own spartan against each other.

These are the first years for 343 in this 10 year cycle and i know that through halo 4 it will not be its last. who knows mabye they will even be able to passs those 10 years that so few game industries have done. All we can do now is wait. . . . . . .

• Like 5

I agree with everything you said but Bungie didn't get lazy. They said from the start that they wanted to go out with a bang and they did just that. Halo Reach was an excellent game to end their Halo franchise. But I also agree with you when you stated they would've crumbled if they would've continued making Halo games. But yeah 343industries is a brand new company that knows what they're doing and I'm looking forward to the many more years of Halo.

• Like 1

We have been seeing alot of skepical views of parts of the community who think 343i is messing up halo for what it was by using similar experiences as other popular games such as Call of Duty, Battlefield 3, and Gear of War 3. well let me tell you why i think 343i will do a better job on Halo 4 then Bungie would have. I call it, the 10 year mark.

The 10 year mark is the deadline for many gaming companies where they start to fall into a lower quality for their games. with bungie they have been a very great and successful company for the last 10 years and had a great ending game on the trilogy with halo 3, however this was not the end for them. they saw how popular this game was and started to see how much profit and games could still be made. by the time Halo reach came out you could see the lazyness in the construction of the game: multiplayer maps make from campaign, lower quality maps for BTB, and such. Halo reach overall was still a great game. if they had continued on with the franchise after this game they would have started to crumble and end a geat universe just like that.

luckily for us some of the bungie employees still cared about halo and when it came to pass that bungie wanted the rights to halo but couldnt get them, they left us to start their other games into developement. these loving halo bungie employees however came back to microsoft and form a new group in microsoft called 343industries (after the halo character 343 guilty spark). as they started to grow, every new employee joined for the soul purpose to put out the best game they could for us as the fans. now they have developed this new chapter to the halo universe and ecxelled at the haloverses expansion and everything we love about it. 343 is starting to form their "first game" as a new chapter to this new saga and want to make it new and fresh while having that same superhero feel we all have when we play as master chief of as our own spartan against each other.

These are the first years for 343 in this 10 year cycle and i know that through halo 4 it will not be its last. who knows mabye they will even be able to passs those 10 years that so few game industries have done. All we can do now is wait. . . . . . .

I absolutely agree and one of the biggest examples of this is the Sonic Team. They couldn't make a good sonic game nowadays if their lives depended on it. I think the teams honestly just get burned out on the same IP which is why the product suffers. The only bef I have with Bungie is that from my perspective it seems as if they never took a chance. Every Halo was very very similar and it statrted to get really stale to me. I have ODST and can't finish it because it's the same ol' tired Halo with the lackluster story telling and under detailed set design. I think with Reach they finally started moving in a different area and made the game more believable and engaging. Overall I'm happy that there is a new developer involved because fhe game needs an infusion of new ideas amd it seems like 343i are on the right path. The weapon design in H4 is gorgeous and MC really looks the part now.

• Like 1

Great topic to put all this crap we are talking about into one whole thread. I agree with a lot of the things you say, hope you're still posting!

ye

thanks ive seen so many skepical people about 343 i just wanted to give some people i different view of it rather then think its a new team now knowing what their doing

I think the Bungie employees moving to Microsoft (343i) has been misunderstood. I think only three of them moved.

really? i did not know that could you post a link on this information and if not thats ok im am just curious for all of the documentaries on 343 and for lots of those people saying how long they've been with halo

I absolutely agree and one of the biggest examples of this is the Sonic Team. They couldn't make a good sonic game nowadays if their lives depended on it. I think the teams honestly just get burned out on the same IP which is why the product suffers. The only bef I have with Bungie is that from my perspective it seems as if they never took a chance. Every Halo was very very similar and it statrted to get really stale to me. I have ODST and can't finish it because it's the same ol' tired Halo with the lackluster story telling and under detailed set design. I think with Reach they finally started moving in a different area and made the game more believable and engaging. Overall I'm happy that there is a new developer involved because fhe game needs an infusion of new ideas amd it seems like 343i are on the right path. The weapon design in H4 is gorgeous and MC really looks the part now.

it looks like their whole goal is to make a bigger transition from one game to another with alot of new content while keeping it the same feel the industry has always had so i agree with you statements fully :)

name='Smokin Shadowz' timestamp='1338364497' post='102567']

I wouldn't cut down those other bungie employees. You don't know their reason behind leaving, rather it was taking a better job or personal reasons.

[/b]

yea your right, they made us a great universe of halo and if it werent for the whole team then we probably wouldnt be in this forum today talking about how great halo is. I also can see that some took a safer route with bungie for job security. sorry i wasnt intending to make most of bungie for leaving sound like jerks, i think that they saw that bungie couldnt continue halo for it would start to crash and burn so thats whey they wanted to stop on halo 3, but when microsoft told them it had to continue with or without them then my thoughts are that they wanted to finish with a bang and really give us as fans everything they had left with halo. now we have 343i which is an entirely new company with some bungie employees to make sure that halo doesnt turn the opposite direction that bungie would have intended, thanks for the post

sorry for the double post

To be honest this is what Halo needed, a fresh outlook, Bungie said that Reach had everything in it they always wanted to put into Halo, so they are basically saying this is everything we wanted Halo to be/ Now 343 are at the reins, they have a different look on it, and seem from all the videos, blogs etc, to also be looking at this from a gamers point of view.

So what if they take an idea from COD and turn it into a Halo thing. They are taking an idea from probably the biggest franchise in the world.

You could put the words call of duty on a turd and it would sell in the millions.

The skins as well is a brilliant idea, people love making there character individual, it annoys me when people say i hate reach i dont want to dress up my spartan, when you look at there character is it default, no, it has all the high priced bits on it.

The more I read and see about Halo 4 the more excited I get.

• Like 2

sorry for the double post

Triple post actually lol

And you are right in my opinion. While you got some of the facts wrong the core of it is the same. Bungie didn't want to do Halo anymore. They ended their story with Halo 3. That's why Halo Reach feels unfinished in my opinion. Maps that are sheer crap, made out of forge mode, then stuffed into playlists where they don't belong. To me the game felt like the last week of highschool. Reach was their last Halo game and they didn't want to do Halo anymore, so they threw together a story (blatantly disregarding previous canon), threw together some maps (literally), and threw together a game so that they could move on. It turned out to be a decent game, but it has that feel to it that they could have done better. The amount of glitches in the campaign and in matchmaking (see fails of the weak for these) compared to Halo 3 is downright insane. They were contracted to do six Halo games, and that's what they did. They had fun with Halo 2 and Halo 3, but it feels like Reach they were just tired of it.

• Like 1

Couldn't fault a word of it. Pure truth.

• Like 1

so as a little update to bungie i did not know they went with activision back in 2010 and plan on making 4 games for them and off year dlc packs of some sort, does someone know more about this information that could expound on that?

so as a little update to bungie i did not know they went with activision back in 2010 and plan on making 4 games for them and off year dlc packs of some sort, does someone know more about this information that could expound on that?

Bungie sold out and they're making CoD games now.

Joking.

I agree with everything you said but Bungie didn't get lazy. They said from the start that they wanted to go out with a bang and they did just that. Halo Reach was an excellent game to end their Halo franchise. But I also agree with you when you stated they would've crumbled if they would've continued making Halo games. But yeah 343industries is a brand new company that knows what they're doing and I'm looking forward to the many more years of Halo.

I 100% agree with this statement. I dont think he could have said it any better.