Halo 4: death from the unknown

Minuette

So I have been pondering sometime about dead bodies that can kill you, like when a dead body flies in the air and slams you, do you think it should kill you or take down your shields, I think it would be a cool idea since 1 out of 100 it would happen, but then you will start laughing at the irony as you got killed by a dead body.

So should 343i make flying dead bodies kill you, or hurt you?

• Like 1

I don't think there should be set damage for getting hit by certain types of enemies - if a Grunt hits you at a slow speed, for example, it shouldn't do the same damage as if it were jet-propelled into your face. Far better that, like vehicles, everything gets assigned a 'weight' value and then damage is calculated using that and the speed it was travelling upon impact.

For example, let's say a Spartan has a weight of 1'W', and a grunt has a weight of 0.2'W'. Then let's say that a Spartan corpse needs to hit you at a speed of 10'S' to kill you at full Health and Shield. A Grunt, weighing five times less than a Spartan, would need to hit five times faster, or at 50'S' in order to do the same damage. Likewise, a Jackal might weigh 0.1'W' and a Hunter might weigh 4'W'. In this case, a Jackal needs to move at 100'S' to do the same damage, while a Hunter only needs to move at 2.5'S' to do so.

• Like 1

I think it should be involved. I remembered how fun it was and I think it should be added again to add a little more fun. I agree with previous post though, about the damage and that. Bullet Storm's seems to make more sense and seems more realistic to me.

A hunter could if at a high velocity. Others, what Smokin Shadowz said. Remember, these are still Spartans who can lift ODST pods and flip Tanks. I'm sure they can handle a brute flinging at them.

ODST Pods are extremely light and extremely easy to break (according to cannon)

Ok, the only reference i have to this that is even close are the Care Packages from CoD, which can be funny when they kill you or anyone else really.

So if that's funny, then a death by falling Spartan will be hilarious. I'm all for it.