Halo Bulletin May 30th 2012

sy1ekw.jpg

E3: We so excited!

Monday was Memorial Day here in the United States, so many people that call this country home enjoyed a long, holiday weekend. Those of us at 343 enjoyed the three-day weekend as well; we just did so from inside our studio, polishing builds (that are on an airplane as we speak), adding final audio to videos (yes, you’ll recognize some of the voices), and taking one final batch of screenshots (because that’s all that remains). Needless to say, with E3 a mere six days away, we’ve been busy. And that’s an understatement.

343 has several traditions, a few of them being discussing the pros and cons of various archaic recording devices, teabagging each other until the game crashes (I can neither confirm nor deny that actually happened), and watching all of our trailers and major presentations together, as a team, before revealing them to the world. Yesterday we gathered around the big screen to do the lattermost activity.

As the lights dimmed and we began watching what you’ll soon be seeing (and playing if you’re attending E3), our excitement level went from a slow simmer to a full, out of control, jumping-out-of-the-pot boil. We’ve been working on our E3 presentation and booth experience for weeks - and the game for years. While the reveals up to this point have been on the small side, we’re excited at the prospect of finally lifting our proverbial skirt and showing you exactly what we’ve got.

Don’t worry; we shaved our legs. And yes, that includes Frankie.

In an effort to not spoil any of the upcoming reveals (Spartan Ops and gameplay and new enemies, oh my!), I’m going to stop talking about E3 and switch gears to a subject many of you are already well-versed in: Halo 4 pre-order bonuses.

2mzf5eo.jpg

Halo 4 Pre-order Bonuses

Last week, retailers began announcing their Halo 4 pre-order bonuses. The first eight bonuses you’ll see below are skins. (For clarification purposes, please note they are skins only, and we are not locking away armor.) One of the best things about the skins is the ability to fully customize them. You’re getting a pattern that is not only unique, but can also be color customized.

Each individual store determines when they make their announcement, so while I am not able to offer you a complete list of what store is offering what bonus, I can give you bigger, prettier pictures than what many of the websites are currently hosting. Start scrolling to begin ingesting the Halo 4 eye candy.

egbwox.jpg

2lw9f1g.jpg

2mga8o2.jpg

23mxa1d.jpg

19ehf.jpg

2lvll55.jpg

15acrn.jpg

1gj2x0.jpg

2ex3haw.jpg

mv450w.jpg

dc8spi.jpg

2ufrtrl.jpg

2w3ou4h.jpg

If you’re interested in staying up-to-date on Halo 4 pre-order bonuses, forum member LastPR0METHEAN is keeping close tabs on that particular situation. Hit their aptly named, “All pre-order bonuses, with info” thread for a well-organized and immaculately maintained list of items, links, and relevant information.

Those are some sweet armor skins and helmets. The new emblems are very cool, I can see those new one's being used a whole lot. This is an extremely great find, adamj004 :good:.

• Like 1