The enemies in the trailer are NOT Prometheans

Stealth Pilot

Sorry for the gigantic picture, I pulled it from the Halo 4 website, but it'll definitely show the details. I'm sure some of you have already noticed, but it just caught my eye that the Promethean K***hts have "arms" holding their weapons that just kind of float and also have little baby arms coming out of their chests.

If you look at the arm position, they seem to be relatively parallel to the bigger arms. The movement of the larger arms could be mirrored movements of the smaller arms, essentially using them as extensions to carry things or complete actions the smaller arms are too weak or short to do. Could the Promethean K***ht be primarily armor/machine with a smaller being inside?

2820764-gallery.png

• Like 1

They are Promethean, not Prometheans. Prometheans are forerunners who are in the warrior class who have evolved to their highest potential. Physically, Prometheans were the highest form a Warrior-Servant could mutate to, standing around four meters tall and between 800 and 1,000 kilograms in weight. They were heavily muscled, their hands capable of easily crushing a human skull.

What's the difference between Promethean and Prometheans? Prometheans designed things that are Promethean. Therefor, their technology is Promethean, and also inorganic. The enemies in Halo 4 are "Promethean class" but still nothing other than weaponry. Sophisticated and deadly weaponry, to be sure, but weaponry nonetheless.

Thank you! I was getting ready to pull my hair out... Anyways I strongly believe and agree that these Constructs are just shieldworld defense mechanisms. The prefix of "Promethean" could also be because the Didact, the top ranking Promethean, ordered the construction of the shieldworlds in response to Master Builder, Faber's Halo Array before he went into self-exile. And in his honor(?) or his Rate's honor all of the Constructs were given said prefix.

This leads into the symbol we see at the end of the trailer. It bears a strong resemblance to the Didact's but it has obvious differences. My personal reason for this is that it could be the overall symbol for the Promethean Rate. And it is used by the Ancilla that watched over Requiem prior to Aurora Cygnus, but of course that is purely speculation, albeit based on knowledge gained from the books, games, and ARGs.

This leads into the symbol we see at the end of the trailer. It bears a strong resemblance to the Didact's but it has obvious differences. My personal reason for this is that it could be the overall symbol for the Promethean Rate. And it is used by the Ancilla that watched over Requiem prior to Aurora Cygnus, but of course that is purely speculation, albeit based on knowledge gained from the books, games, and ARGs.

AC was the AI of the Conventus Facility though not Requiem. I agree with your Didact symbol connection however

Sorry for the gigantic picture, I pulled it from the Halo 4 website, but it'll definitely show the details. I'm sure some of you have already noticed, but it just caught my eye that the Promethean K***hts have "arms" holding their weapons that just kind of float and also have little baby arms coming out of their chests.

If you look at the arm position, they seem to be relatively parallel to the bigger arms. The movement of the larger arms could be mirrored movements of the smaller arms, essentially using them as extensions to carry things or complete actions the smaller arms are too weak or short to do. Could the Promethean K***ht be primarily armor/machine with a smaller being inside?

2820764-gallery.png

Yes if you listen to lots of halo podcasts then you might of heard of Grimbrotherone who put out the spekulation that they could possibly be Florians that were infused with forerunner technology or even just ancient humans for that manner.

AC was the AI of the Conventus Facility though not Requiem. I agree with your Didact symbol connection however

This is true. but couldn't the Conventus Facility be on Requiem? I'm sure the shieldworlds have enough room to contain a few Facilities. I don't think Conventus is on Installation 010, since the awakened and hostile Ancilla, 3530 RG, seems surprised that Installation 010 exists. so my guess is it's either on Requiem or somewhere close by.

This is true. but couldn't the Conventus Facility be on Requiem? I'm sure the shieldworlds have enough room to contain a few Facilities. I don't think Conventus is on Installation 010, since the awakened and hostile Ancilla, 3530 RG, seems surprised that Installation 010 exists. so my guess is it's either on Requiem or somewhere close by.

It's possible but I think the Conventus Facility is located on the Greater Ark because of its appearance in the archive videos. The Conventus Facility was the meeting point for the 7 Monitors of the Halo Installations and is seen in the second Halo CEA terminal. At the end of the terminal Guilty Spark sees a portal to a Halo which I believe is his Installation 04 and I think it was created by the facility. The Greater Ark placed and constructed the Installation in the galaxy and the Conventus Facility provided a portal like the one at Voi for the Monitors or any Forerunners. This is my theory.

If the enemies in the trailer are prometheans then i would be very dissapointed that 343i would creat such a powerful and magnificent species that are so weak theat a human can destroy them. My theory is as it is with alot of others s that these AI sentinals are possibly a combination of AI fused with biological lifeforms. Its possible that the composer could have done this, as for who the biological figures were they could have been prometheans that died in combat but very doughtful. In Cryptum the didacts Warrior prometheans that fell in battle had their conciousness placed into multiple War Sphinxes. If that is so why downgrade their power by placing them into the weaker Knights and lancers? Some think they could be florians (Hobbit sized humans) for the small arms we see come out of the knight but chief is 2meters tall so it could be the ancient humans in general fused with tthe technology for the red human skull resemblance from the knight (of course it looks different but overtime any species bonestructure would most likely change a little).

While the Forerunners certainly had advanced technology, they weren't immortal. A great example is all of the Didact's children who were killed by humans. Plus I think the game would be over kind of quickly if a human COULDN'T kill them.

While the Forerunners certainly had advanced technology, they weren't immortal. A great example is all of the Didact's children who were killed by humans. Plus I think the game would be over kind of quickly if a human COULDN'T kill them.

Well that was different. Forerunner children were more like humans. Prometheans were 4 meters tall and were the top of the line in warrior class Forerunners. Spartan II's are only half that and they're about a half a meter or more taller than a regular human

If I am not right I am taking my copy of Cryptum and flushing it down the toilet. They are Promethean tech, not Prometheans.

"Promethean tech". That's the key word and you are using it yourself. What are they? Tech. What about it? It's Promethean. Promethean Tech, still promethean.

Well that was different. Forerunner children were more like humans. Prometheans were 4 meters tall and were the top of the line in warrior class Forerunners. Spartan II's are only half that and they're about a half a meter or more taller than a regular human

Fair enough. But the Didact's kiddos were all Warrior-Servants killed in battle. Battles with humans (probably on capital ships and different ground battles). Right? Maybe I read that wrong. And they should have all been mutating in the Didact's direction. I might be taking crazy pills here. If I am, just let me know.

• 1 month later...

The theory that these AIs are being controlled by something bigger and badder is one i would agree with. If you watch the end of the trailer that deep ominous voice seems to obviously be the main threat. "I have long dreamt of this day, Reclaimer" He also refers to master chief as "reclaimer" just as Guilty Spark does. Could there be some sort of connection between the two? Or have we already identified the Ominous voice? It seemed to know Chief was on a collision course with Requiem, and has something planned for him.

You can clearly hear Cortana say "it is not organic". Prometheans are a class of Forerunner, and are organic. Therefore those creatures were not actually Forerunners.

My guess would be they are sphinxs, or another Forerunner machine.

The big ball thing however is a mystery to me...some type of Forerunner Vessel.

The ball is a forerunner scout probe. It takes detailed scans of vessels and reports back to its creator

Fair enough. But the Didact's kiddos were all Warrior-Servants killed in battle. Battles with humans (probably on capital ships and different ground battles). Right? Maybe I read that wrong. And they should have all been mutating in the Didact's direction. I might be taking crazy pills here. If I am, just let me know.

Nah, you're correct. They were War-sphinx pilots and all died in battle with the Ancient Humans. Back then Humans had Precursor tech, so I'm sure they would have more of an easier time fighting Warrior-servants than present time Humans. Anyways, yeah I'm fairly certain that all of the Didact's kids would have been Prometheans had they not been killed.